April 8, 1929: Troop 187 chartered with 9 boys. The Charter Organization was (and remains) Mayflower Congregational Church on Diamond Lake Rd in Minneapolis. Rev. Silas A. Meckel approved Henry William Jones, a trustee at Mayflower, as the first Scoutmaster. The Troop started camping on Lake Minnetonka, then moved to the St Croix river.
1936: Troop 187 hosts Oslo scouts (see article).
April 28, 1941: Cub Scout Pack 187 chartered with 30 boys.
April 20, 1945: Troop 187 has 73 Scouts plus 16 Explorers. The Troop ushered at the Ice and Acqua Follies, football games, and the snow shoveling project for veterans, at the request of Mayor Humphrey. Pack 187 has 65 cub scouts, with 18 having recently joined the Troop.
July 25, 1945: Trip to proposed campsite of 120 acres along the St.Croix River near Grantsburg Wisconsin by 2 troop council men and 1 Mayflower delegate. "A new camp site was purchased in the name of the church, with funds raised by the Troop, on the East side of the river" as quoted in Mayflower’s annual meeting in 1946. Mac MacKinnon spearheaded building the stone house and through the years spent his vacations cooking at Camp St. Croix. MacKinnon Hollow is named after him (see photos of dedication).
Summer Camp 1946: 18th year of camping on the St Croix, 60 scouts attended 2-week summer camp at a cost of $15.00 each.
June 6 1954: "ROLL CALL" reunion $3.00 per person with $1.00 going back to the troop (the first donations from the alumni to the troop). Alumni reunions held at Mayflower Church in 1965 and 1979.
1967: Cookshack constructed. Dedicated as Schoberg Hall in honor of Paul Schoberg who had a son in the troop, served as Advancement Chair, and taught all of the nature related merit badges. Schoberg started the Lanyards tradition as a recognition for Scouting achievements and staff contributions to the Summer Camp program at Camp St Croix.
1981: Sanford lodge built at an estimated cost of material at $4,000.00, named in honor of Bill Sanford, former Committee Chair who had 2 sons in the troop.
1988: First Schoberg Hall addition.
1989: Second Schoberg Hall addition.
1990: Cooking areas screened in and ceilings added. Planted Black Walnut trees.
June 23, 1990: Reunion at Lake Rebecca and the beginning of the Alumni group started by Jerrold Bergfalk, Rodger Peterson, and Glen Paulsen with 20 other named alumni. This group grows to 400+ families and over 90 association members
1991: An anonymous gift of $750.00 to the alumni to start the Paul Schoberg or Chief Many Moons Campership fund that is to be used to help send boys to camp that financially cannot afford to go to camp. The decision is between the Scoutmaster and the family only, there are no strings attached to this fund. 4 camperships were given this first year.
Alumni Row started that year with about 25 attending camp.
Purchase of a used canoe trailer - 2 Duluth packs - 2 aluminum frame back packs
1992: 5 Camperships were given and 6 boys were given training to be certified life guards. 2 Bugles were purchased, material was purchased to build the pantry off the cook shack and permanent gas lighting was installed in the kitchen and eating area.
1993: Seven camperships were given.
1994: The 50 year campout and reunion took place with over 150 people in attendance this was reported by one of the local TV stations who flew the reporters up in a helicopter. 2 used Servile gas refrigerators were purchased and the picture display panels were started. Camp road dedicated as John Keefe Rd recognizing Mr. Keefe's service as Scoutmaster for 21 years, after being a Scout for 7 years. John attained the rank of Eagle, Vigil Honor member, Scoutmaster of the Year (district), and the Silver Beaver award.
1995: The Fish foundation financed the submersible well located by the kitchen. 40 water-proof rucksack liners were given to the troop plus 4 large waterproof backpacks and 6 Coleman 2 burner stoves.